Saturday 1 June 2013

My Alma Blouse

I made this blouse quite some time ago and I was following along with the Craftsy Couture Dress class but, obviously, it's not a couture dress !

I used some fabric from the Fabric Cave. I'm not totally sure what the fabric is but I did a burn test and I don't think it's totally plastic. The bllouse is interlined with cotton voile. I had no idea what interlining was until I did the Couture Dress class. I didn't line it as well cos I thought it would be just too much.


 
I think the fit is ok. I was a little self conscious to wear it in the begining cos I made it myself but now I feel really happy wearing it. It feels comfortable. It's not a great blouse for summer cos the interlining made it a bit warm.

I'm going to make this pattern again without the collar. I purchased some Liberty print fabric that I am a bit scared to use. It's so expensive out here in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment