Saturday, 31 August 2013

The Letter C and Colette Laurel

I lost my blog plot for a while. I'm still here. Still sewing too but very slowly. I've been working on muslins for a shift dress for what feels like ages. First I tried out an Hot Patterns shift dress but when I had finished the muslin I didn't like it at all. I guess that's the point of making a muslin.
After looking at all the amazing Laurel dress by Colette Patterns I ordered the pattern from Sew Squirrel. I got the muslin made apart from the sleeves and then stalled for a while. I now have the sleeves in and I'm really happy with the end result. A little bit of tweaking at the back neck to get rid of some gaping and a dead dart at the front and I think I'm happy with it.
The fabric I wanted to make up the dress is a winter weight and it's the first day of Spring today. An excuse to go to Spotlight and shop ! I'll wash The fabric this afternoon.
In the meantime here is the letter C.

No comments:

Post a Comment